This is a reminder that some important changes are being made to Homefinder Somerset this summer. This includes improvements to the website and the online application form. These changes are being made following feedback received from people registered with Homefinder Somerset and organisations who work with them.
Local authorities currently email a PDF newsletter to some support agencies providing details of homes being advertised on Homefinder Somerset each week. The new IT system does not support the production of a newsletter as most local authorities across the country have now phased this out given that support agencies can use the internet to find this information. Support agencies will therefore be directed to the Homefinder Somerset website (www.homefindersomerset.co.uk) where they will be able to search for homes more easily and obtain more information about homes being advertised than is provided in the newsletter.
What the changes will mean for applicants
Existing applicants have been advised that, whilst there will be some major changes to the IT system, this will not affect their application. Applicants will keep the same Band and be able to bid for the same size of homes as now. Applicants have been advised that it is not currently possible for them to update their application, and that it will not be possible to send web message from next Friday (23rd July).
Whilst there will be some temporary disruption as the changes are being made, the changes will see the following benefits for people seeking a home:
- Applicants will be able to set up Property Alerts. If homes are being advertised that match what someone is looking for they will receive an email to let them know
- There will be a simplified application form
- The Homefinder Somerset website will be updated to make it easier to use. The new website has been largely been developed (the property search functionality is still to be done) – please click here to see what it will look like. Please note that the website address will remain the same (www.homefindersomerset.co.uk)
Please see below a reminder of the key dates for the transfer:
- Wednesday 21st – Sunday 25th July: The last letting cycle on the current website
- Week beginning 26th July: No properties will be advertised
- Monday 2nd August: The new website & back office system will go live. Applicants will again be able to update an existing application or submit a new application.
- Wednesday 4th – Sunday 8th August: First letting cycle on the new website