This is a reminder that some important changes are being made to Homefinder Somerset this summer. This includes improvements to the website and the online application form. These changes are being made following feedback received from people registered with Homefinder Somerset and organisations who work with them.
The new website has been largely been developed (the property search functionality is still to be done) – please click here to see what it will look like. Please note that the website address will remain the same (www.homefindersomerset.co.uk)
Weekly emails and web messages are being sent to applicants to make them aware of the changes, and the key dates. Existing applicants have been advised that 3 p.m. today is the cut-off for them to submit changes to their application until Monday 2nd August.
At 3 p.m. today, the banner shown on the Homefinder Somerset home and login pages will be amended to state:
Some important changes are being made to Homefinder Somerset this summer. This includes improvements to the website and the online application form.
Because of this work:
- It is currently not possible to make changes to your application. You will be able to make changes to your application again from Monday 2nd August.
- New applications must be completed and submitted by Wednesday 28th July. New applications that are not completed and submitted by this date will be deleted. It will not be possible to start a new application between Wednesday 28th July and Monday 2nd August. You will then be start a new application again from Monday 2nd August.
- It may take longer to assess applications and respond to queries. Please allow extra time for your local housing team to respond to you.
Mutual Exchange on Homefinder Somerset is ending on 31 July 2021
Are you a council or housing association tenant? If so, please note that it will no longer be possible to register for mutual exchange or advertise your home for mutual exchange on Homefinder Somerset from 31 July. You will still be able to bid for homes that are being advertised by partner landlords.
Please see below a reminder of the other key dates for the transfer:
- Wednesday 21st – Sunday 25th July: The last letting cycle on the current system
- Week beginning Monday 26th July: No properties will be advertised
- Monday 2nd August: Locata system to go live
- Wednesday 4th – Sunday 8th August: First letting cycle on the new system